Come see what we're all about!
Secure Your Spot!
Please contact your home district's guidance counseling office for their enrollment process.
- Schedule a shadow/tour. Call or email Kim Hamilton at 616.363.8010.
- Your guidance counselor goes through your district's internal process for selecting and enrolling students (this is done differently in each district); Guidance counselor submits an online request for enrollment.
- Kent Innovation High sends you an official notification of successful enrollment.
Yes, it really is that easy. But, keep in mind that each district is only allowed a certain number of student slots at Innovation High and each has their own process for selecting those students. Your school guidance office can answer questions about your district's process.
Charter schools and private schools - please contact our office for more information.
Tours and Shadow Visits
The first step is to take a school tour. Students in grades 7 – 10 can sign up for a 30 minute tour of Kent Innovation High during on weekdays between 7am and 1pm. Tours are given for students, for students and their parents, and groups of up to six students at a time. The tours are led by a Kent Innovation High staff.
Want to dive in deeper? Arrange to spend a couple of hours on a shadow visit. This experience is for students only. During a shadow visit, students in grades 7 – 10. Students experience classroom lessons, meet with KIH students, take a student-led tour of the school, and take part in a mini-project-based learning experience. Shadow visits are designed so visitors can feel how the KIH learning experience is unique. Shadow visits take place on Tuesdays from 7am to 9am and Thursdays from 9am to 11:30am.
Schedule a Shadow
Scheduling your shadow is easy too!
- First, make a request to shadow through your home school guidance office
- Next, communicate with your teachers, too (you won't be exempt from completing class work!)
- Then, contact our office for shadow details
To sign for a school tour or shadow visit, call Kim Hamilton at 616.363.8010 or fill out the form below!
Contact Kim to Schedule a Tour
All 20 public schools in Kent County send students to KIH. Each school district is allotted a certain number of spots based upon district size. How the districts decide on who to send is up to their counseling department. Please contact them for specifics.
Private schools and charter schools are welcome to enroll. Please note, students must enroll in a public high school in order to attend.
Project Based Learning
Project-based learning is the way students master their material in every class at Innovation High. Students work through multiple projects during the year and develop key workplace skills, like problem-solving and critical thinking.