Secure Your Spot!
We are accepting applications for incoming 9th and 10th grade students for the fall of 2016.
Please contact your home district's guidance counseling office for their enrollment process.
- Schedule a shadow/tour. Call or e-mail Karalyn Collard at 616.363.8010.
- Complete an application.
- Your guidance counselor goes through your district's internal process for selecting and enrolling students (this is done differently in each district);
- Kent Innovation High sends you an official notification of successful enrollment.
Yes, it really is that easy. But, keep in mind that each district is only allowed a certain number of student slots at Innovation High and each has their own process for selecting those students. Your school guidance office can answer questions about your district's process.
Charter schools and private schools - please contact our office for more information.
schedule a shadow
Scheduling your shadow is easy too!
- First, make a request to shadow through your home school guidance office
- Next, communicate with your teachers, too (you won't be exempt from completing classwork!)
- Then, contact our office for shadow details
All 20 public schools in Kent County send students to KIH. Each school district is allotted a certain number of spots based upon district size. How the districts decide on who to send is up to their counseling department. Please contact them for specifics.
Private schools and charter schools are welcome to enroll. Please note, students must enroll in a public high school in order to attend.
Completion of the enrollment form does not automatically enroll a student. Home school permission is required.